In this episode of 101 Questions Church Planters Ask, host Danny Parmelee discusses how to approach having Non-Christians on your church plant launch team.
A few important points to highlight:
- Use the term “Launch Team” and NOT “Core Team”.
- Understand that launch team members should and will have varying degrees of commitment.
- Don’t place unrealistic expectations on every member of your launch team.
- Welcome Non-Christians into your launch team, as you can begin their evangelism and discipleship process early, even before the church plant launches.
- Non-Christians on your launch team can help provide valuable insight into which approaches will attract other non-Christians to your launch plant.
- Having Non-Christians on your launch team sets up a culture that allows questions and doubts, and welcomes people at every stage of their faith journey.
- Understand that there will be messy and at times chaotic situations regarding what level of participation and leadership is allowed for a non-Christian: but accept the mess and navigate situations as you go.